Paris, May 19th, 2021
A consortium of investors led by Latour Capital today announced the acquisition of Omni-Pac Group. With the close of the transaction, Latour Capital becomes the leading shareholder of Omni-Pac Group alongside FEF the co-investment partnership between Bpifrance and Mubadala, Freemont, IDIA, as well as, Motion Equity Partners and the management, who both significantly reinvested in the transaction.
Under Motion Equity Partners’ sponsorship since 2014, the Group has grown both organically and through external growth to establish itself as a leading pan-European designer and manufacturer of moulded fibre, which represents a compelling alternative to plastic packaging.
The Group today addresses 4 complementary end-markets:
– Egg packaging (egg trays, family-packs, egg boxes);
– Food packaging (transport and unit trays for fruits, vegetables, meat and fish);
– Medical products (urinals, bedpans, washbowls); and
– Tailor-made products (for diversified end-markets including industrials, chemical and horticulture solutions).
Omni-Pac’s management led by Renaud Malarre (since 2013) will be able to begin the next chapter of its ambitious growth plan for the Group, focused on several strategic areas:
– To further address the existing demand for fresh food packaging and tailor-made products, in a context of growing public concerns towards plastic packaging and the ongoing set-up of a more stringent regulatory framework
– To expand into new geographies through an active external growth strategy. FEF will actively support the implementation of this strategy leveraging on its extensive network of partners around the world.
The Group highly sustainable business model, positive environmental impacts along with the team know-how and robustness were the cornerstones of this investment.
About Latour Capital
Latour Capital is an independent French private equity firm with an entrepreneurial culture and an operational experience.
FEF (“Franco Emirati Fund”) is the Private Equity co-investment partnership between Bpifrance and Mubadala which was incorporated in 2014 and renewed in 2019. FEF is endowed with a total €1bn of Assets under Management, funded on a 50/50 basis by the two institutions. FEF targets long-term active minority investments either alongside other sponsors or as a sole financial investor, with ticket sizes up to €200m.
About Mubadala Investment Company
Mubadala Investment Company is a sovereign investor managing a global portfolio, aimed at generating sustainable financial returns for the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Mubadala’s $243.4 billion portfolio spans six continents with interests in multiple sectors and asset classes. The company leverages its deep sectoral expertise and long-standing partnerships to drive sustainable growth and profit, while supporting the continued diversification and global integration of the economy of the United Arab Emirates.
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, Mubadala has offices in London, Rio de Janeiro, Moscow, New York, San Francisco and Beijing.
Bpifrance is the French national investment bank. It finances businesses – at every stage of their development – through loans, guarantees, equity investments and export insurances. Bpifrance also provides extrafinancial services (training, consultancy) to help entrepreneurs meet their challenges (innovation, export…).
About Motion Equity Partners
Motion Equity Partners is a mid-market private equity firm with a seasoned team of private equity professionals and more than 25 years of experience in backing French and International SMEs alongside management teams. Motion Equity Partners has an extensive track record with more than 50 operations realized in France and abroad, actively supporting management teams aiming at accelerating growth, change and development.
- Latour Capital (Cédric Bannel, Didier Gaudoux, Gaspard Lacoeuilhe, Roxane Shahmohammadi)
- Mubadala (Andres Rodenas de la Vega, Marwa Abdulrahman, Antoine Bettant, Sara Al Mutawwa, Venelin Tsonev)
- Bpifrance Investissement (Stanislas Panhard, Laurent Piccoli, Stéphanie Vuillaume, Georges Weill)
- Motion Equity Partners (Cédric Rays, Anthony Baudoin, Pierre de la Croix)
- Freemont (Kevin Revolte)
- IDIA (Cédric Fontaine, Céline Arsac, Guillaume Boccamaiello)
- Motion Equity Partners
- M&A: Canaccord (Olivier Dardel), Etxe Finance (Romain Petit), CACIB (Pietro Sibille, Come de Saint
- Financing: Canaccord (Denis Vidalinc)
- Lawyers (corporate): Cleary Gottlieb (Charles Masson, Valentin Lefebvre, Blanche d’Aramon)
- Lawyers (tax): Cleary Gottlieb (Anne-Sophie Coustel, Augustin Aoudjhane)
- Financial DD: 8 Advisory (Gennat Mouline, Damien Petillon)
- Commercial DD: Bain (Cyril Perrier, Jérôme Brunet, Jean-Marc Le Roux, Eric Ballu-Samuel)
Management and sell-side advisers
- M&A: Natixis Partners (Anne Hiebler, Antoine Poupard), Amala Partners (Jean-Baptiste Marchand)
- Lawyers (Motion): GCA (Alexandre Gaudin, Thomas Brillet, Aurélien Courty)
- Advisers (management): Scotto, Natixis Wealth Management / Coruscans (Frédéric Balochard)
- Financial DD: PwC
- Commercial DD: Indefi
- ESG DD : PwC
- Legal / Labor / Tax DDs : KPMG, GCA, Mazars, Bristows
- Environmental DDs: ERM
- Renaud Malarre (management): 02.99.71.88.58
- Camille Defaye (Latour Capital): 01.40.62.30.12
- Anne-Sophie de Faucigny (Bpifrance) : 01 41 79 99 10
- Salam Kitmitto (Mubadala) : +971 50 276 9286