PETALUMA, Calif., March 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — World Centric announces Pizza Round, the 100% tree-free, plant-based, compostable pizza container for pizza takeout/delivery restaurants. The breakthrough circular container reduces packaging waste, labor and space needs as well as grease and sogginess that are common with traditional cardboard pizza boxes.
Made from 80% sugarcane and 20% bamboo – both renewable resources – the PizzaRound offers key sustainability advantages that support restaurants’ efforts to minimize their environmental impact.
World Centric’s PizzaRound
Other operational and customer benefits include:
- Less packaging – with no liners, tissue or plastic tents needed to keep the crust crisp, absorb grease or prevent damage to toppings
- Labor and space savings – eliminating the need to fold containers and providing nesting storage that dramatically reduces space needs
- Better food performance – with improved heat retention, built-in grease grooves, and air vents as well as raised ‘dimples’ that help maintain crispness
- Convenience features for consumers – ovenable to 450° for reheating, a removable top that doubles as a server and a dish, and cutting guides for perfect portioning
- “The PizzaRound is the future of pizza boxes,” said World Pizza Champion Glenn Cybulski, who consulted World Centric on the design and tested its performance. “Takeout and delivery pizzas can now be hotter, crisper and free of the cardboard taste that often transfers to the pie in paper containers, reheated in the box they come in, and more sustainable and efficient for pizza restaurants at the same time. World Centric has reinvented everything except the pizza itself.”