IMFA Website Traffic
Our worldwide industry directory provides a platform for our members to increase their online presence and boost their potential to connect with key prospects while highlighting the unique products and services that they offer. Each directory listing features a company description, logo, imagery, contact details, link to the website, and a list of product/service categories. Members can receive hundreds of leads each month through the IMFA Directory. Learn more here.
Welcome to IMFA
International Molded Fiber Association (IMFA) is a peak global not-for-profit trade association, representing and resourcing the interests of manufacturers of molded fiber products, industry suppliers and service providers.
As the principal worldwide source of molded fiber information since 1997, we foster, educate, develop and lead the industry in pursuit of technological, sustainable and manufacturing intelligence.
Leading the industry, we are dedicated to promoting the global use of renewable, recycled and natural fiber for products and packaging; to advocate for environmental stability.
Molded fiber, also named moulded pulp or molded pulp, is a collective term descriptive of the process for producing, strong and environmentally friendly protective material.Typically made from recycled paperboard and/or newsprint it is widely used for packaging solutions. Our industry has seen a growing use of waste non-wood products such as wheat and bagasse for pulp production.
Inherently flexible molded fiber offers substantial benefits to manufacturers of Food related,Horticultural, Industrial and Medical products:
- Clam shell and carryout food containers
- Cups, bowls, plates and serving trays
- Planter pots and seedling trays
- Egg, fruit, berry and mushroom containers and trays
- Vehicle Parts; gears, panels, headlights, wheels, etc.
- Household items; toasters, coffee makers, furniture, etc.
- Electronics, cell phones, TV, modems, DVD, etc.
- Single use medical bowls, kidney dishes, bedpans, etc.
Molded fiber is a renewable and recyclable resource that sustains the environment and is capable of providing the following benefits:
- Recycled pulp fiber
- Recycled material
- Safe for Incineration
Molded fiber’s innovative makeup delivers extensive packaging solutions including:
- Transportation cost efficiencies (up to 10x more than polystyrene) from superior nesting capabilities
- Completely usable with no assembly in comparison to cut and fold paper board products
- Exempt to packaging penalties as with polystyrene in many countries.
- Zero or negligible disposable costs, unlike it’s alternative non compostable products.